Our specialised services vary according to client and project needs, and include a variety of tasks including comprehensive analyses of the project followed by field survey using thorough sampling methods to ensure comprehensive site coverage. Follow-on services include, for example, reporting, mapping, design, and site rehabilitation, Our conservation and training services tap into extensive local knowledge, long-term industry experience and well developed skills.
A ‘snapshot’ of our recent work (not comprehensive) includes:
- Gold Coast Water, Tallebudgera: Potable water main replacement: flora survey & report for protected plants.
- Community Waste Transfer Station, Coomera: flora survey & vegetation analyses for OPW plus Protected Plants Trigger Map report.
- Waste and Recycling Centre, Stapylton: detailed site flora survey and vegetation analyses for OPW including study of local stream characteristics.
- NBN Monopole Towers (numerous) , Jimboomba to Calvert area: trigger map flora surveys, individual tree details & reports for Protected Plants and Operational Works Applications.
- Water Reservoir, Tallai: trigger map flora survey & report for protected plants.
- NBN Monopole Tower, Guanaba: trigger map flora survey & report and individual tree details for protected plants and operational works application.
- Water Reservoir, Pimpama: flora survey & report and individual tree details for protected plants and operational works application.
- Telecommunications Tower, Springbrook: flora survey for threatened species on an existing tower site and access track through World Heritage rainforest.
- Community Waste Transfer Station, Reedy Creek: flora survey & vegetation analyses for operational works applications (various).
- Gold Coast Light Rail, Parkwood to Broadbeach: flora surveys along the route including threatened species searches, BioCondition assessment of endangered vegetation and marine plant analyses for offset requirements.
- Hinze Dam Stage 3, Advancetown: detailed flora and vegetation surveys covering approximately 430Ha of inundation area plus sorties in surrounding valleys and landscapes. Many EVNT plant species located including important population and distribution discoveries. Also provided seed collection and propagation planning.
- Private landowner, Guanaba: trigger map flora survey & report for protected plants, paddock regrowth maintenance (many threatened species observed and unaffected).
- Private development, Mudgeeraba: Botanical assistance (surveys, plans & reports, plant propagation) with changes to an approval for a medium density housing development. Local threatened species will be used where feasible in planted landscapes and buffers.
- Private landowner, Springbrook: trigger map flora survey & report for protected plants, building application.
- Private development, Mudgeeraba: flora surveys and vegetation assessment as required for MCU and OPW; vegetation and rehabilitation plans for a medium density housing development.
- Private development, Runcorn: flora surveys and vegetation assessment as required for initial site analyses in preparation for a small lot development.
- Private landowner, Mt Tamborine: flora survey and vegetation analyses to assist with bushfire planning and building application.
- Private landowner, Tallebudgera: vegetation analyses and rehabilitation and landscape species planning for second dwelling application.
- Private development, Hamilton Island: Flora survey and vegetation analyses for a multi-unit development over difficult topography; assistance with landscape concepts, design and species options.
- Private landowner, Mt Nathan: flora survey and plans including Rehabilitation and Covenant Management required as a condition of development.
- Private landowner, Mudgeeraba: detailed flora survey & vegetation analyses of approx. 80Ha leading to long-term Ecological Restoration Plan. Restoration works by GCB are current and ongoing.
- The Ecovillage at Currumbin: comprehensive surveys over the 110Ha property to determine layouts and conservation areas and identify threatened plant locations. This was followed by management plans for open space, threatened species, weed control and revegetation. GCB continues to provide ongoing assistance to the Ecovillage Land Management (ELM) Revegetation Strategy.
- Proposed quarry extension, Gympie: ecological site assessment including flora survey, vegetation analyses and threatened species searches.
- Proposed quarry extension, Petrie: ecological site assessment including flora survey, vegetation analyses, threatened species searches, BioCondition assessment for vegetation offsets, assessment of Koala habitat trees.
- Quarry site rehabilitation, Innes Park (Bundaberg): flora survey and assessment for revegetation associated with mine site rehabilitation. Assist with compilation of detailed rehabilitation and monitoring plans as per EHP requirements.
Conservation and Research:
- City of Gold Coast: Species of City Wide Significance – Expert Panel – flora (June 2016)
- Qld Department of Environment & Heritage: SEQ South – Expert Panel – flora (Feb 2016)
- Qld Department of Environment & Heritage: SEQ South – Expert Panel – landscape (Feb 2016)
- Qld Department of Environment & Heritage: Groundwater Dependant Ecosystems – Expert Panel (January 2016)
- SEQ Catchments, Kerry Valley: Threatened species surveys (flora) carried out in conjunction with ddwfauna on several large properties in the Kerry Valley over a 2 year period.
- Numinbah Valley Environmental Education Centre (NVEEC): flora surveys, staff training and assistance with revegetation planning.
- SEQ Water, Numinbah Valley: assessment of individual trees to determine their conservation value.
- University of Queensland (UQ), Springbrook: assistance with locating specific forest types for analyses of regrowth patterns in rainforest communities of varying elevations and soil types.
- UQ, Gold Coast: flora survey and vegetation analyses over 2 years for an assessment of the “Status and vulnerability of endangered Blackbutt forest RE12.11.23“.
- UQ, Amity Point and Brown Lake, Nth Stradbroke Island: specific repetitive flora survey over a 2 year period to assist with studies in fresh and salt water wetlands.
- UQ, SEQ: flora survey and tagged tree identification within specific plots including at Little Nerang Dam, Wivenhoe Dam and Baroon Pocket Dam to assist with carbon capture research.
- Cave Creek Rainforest Rehabilitation Scheme, Numinbah Valley: flora surveys and initial rehabilitation advice for a unique and important scheme on pre-cleared property adjacent to a World Heritage area.
NVEEC Numinbah Valley Hall Revegetation Project, 2015:
- Numinbah Valley Environmental Education Centre: ongoing plant identification and training of staff to undertake plot vegetation surveys in a range of forest types (most recent March 2017)
- Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary: training of staff in local vegetation communities and plant identification (most recent February 2016)
- TAFE Qld Gold Coast, Ashmore: provision of training and assessment services and materials for Conservation & Land Management (to December 2014)
- Queensland Arboricultural Association, Cleveland: Plant identification refresher training.
- Outdoor & Environmental Education Centres, Tallebudgera: Key Note Speaker for their annual conference, January 2014. Provided a presentation on threatened plants and vegetation communities entitled “Know your patch”.
- Wildlife Queensland (Gold Coast Branch) – Black Swan Lake Vegetation Assessment – Counter-independent report: determines the significance of site vegetation and highlights the importance of ‘common’ native vegetation in an urban landscape (April 2015).
- Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary, Currumbin: flora survey and detailed report on site vegetation in high use areas including threatened species mapping, site management recommendations, staff training, provision of vegetation protocols, botanical interpretive signage, plant nursery recommendations and garden design using local native species.
- Springbrook Wildlife Appreciation Group, Springbrook: weed identification and threatened plant species workshops (latest: February 2015).
- Camp Creek Rainforest Restoration Project, Springbrook: flora survey followed by revegetation planning and species selection for a multi-lot revegetation planting of over 25.000 plants.